2021 Summit News
The Napa Seafood Summit has been postponed to June 9-12, 2022
Strengthening relationships within our global seafood community through a one-of-a-kind networking experience is our passion and purpose. At present, we are facing a worldwide challenge as deep as the ocean and the health and safety of our guests is our top priority. For this reason, and after a meticulous risk assessment and close consultation with our potential guests, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the 10th Anniversary Napa Seafood Summit to June 9-12, 2022.
We are thankful to the over 350 potential participants who reached out to us. This represents a record interest in the Napa Seafood Summit that we look forward to continuing to grow as we prepare for the event next year. We value the close relationship with all of our guests and hope this advance notice allows everyone to plan accordingly.
The reasons behind our decision to postpone the Summit to 2022 include:
- The recent and unprecedented winter surge of Covid-19 infections and unexpected mutations worldwide.
- A vaccine that is still relatively new and will take time to have a pronounced and consistent effect.
- The international nature of our event, with guests coming from at least four continents, and the variation of travel and quarantine restrictions in each country.
- The social and networking nature of the Summit, for which in-person interaction is an important aspect.
- Our responsibility to you, our patrons, and our staff and vendors to keep everyone’s health and safety at our not-for-profit event as the top priority.
The return to our familiar ways will take time, and how much exact time remains unclear. But we believe that the health emergency surrounding Covid-19 will be better resolved by 2022 and we will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face again, as we have since 2011. In the meantime, we will create new, safe ways in which we can continue to connect with the seafood community through 2021 and be in touch very soon.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
China Seafood Summit 2020
We are delighted to announce that despite of the COVID-19 we successfully executed the 6th China Seafood Summit in Shanghai on November 10th.
A limited number of selected guests were invited to participate in the in-person event and impressively 4,700 people live-streamed the Summit. The China Seafood Summit is a half-day event, but containing the same signature values as its larger counterpart: the Napa Seafood Summit. The China Seafood Summit partnered up with the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) to plan and execute the event.
The event was also supported by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute along with other Chinese and International Fisheries to organize the Summit. The Summit was celebrated within the framework of The Shanghai Global Food Trade-show (FHC).
The keynote conferences focused on Chinese Seafood COVID-19 impact aftermath:
- Market conditions on key species, imports, and exports
- Development outlook of China aquaculture industry
- Changes in the retail industry in responding to the pandemic
- Chinese foodservice opportunities, and challenges
- Latest trends on prepackaged healthy convenience seafood for the omnichannel.
The event also showcased innovative seafood products and culinary demonstrations. The participants had the opportunity to hold 1:1 business networking meetings.
For more information about the 2020 China Seafood Summit, visit: www.chinaseafoodsummit.com
Our Response to COVID-19
We know ongoing health and safety issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have led to a lot of uncertainty. The Napa Seafood Summit team is diligently working to ensure our guests have the safest experience possible.
- We pledge to keep our guests informed about event preparation through our website and via email as more information becomes available.
- Final registration for The Napa Seafood Summit won’t begin until early 2021. At this time, we ask potential guests for a no-obligation Preliminary-RSVP which will allow us to begin planning and securing accommodations at Silverado Resort & Spa and other event venues.
- Due to this situation, we’re offering a flexible cancelation policy: Guests who confirm their final registration in early 2021 can cancel up to 30 days before the event to receive a 100% refund.
- Despite some re-opening measures internationally and locally, there are still far too many uncertainties about the impact COVID-19 will have on travel and mass gatherings next year. We are preparing to follow all of the “New Normal” health and safety guidelines and protocols recommended by the WHO and local authorities.
- In case of any extraordinary COVID-19 circumstances affecting the event, updated refund information will be issued and communicated to our guests immediately.
- COVID-19 has made it challenging to talk about the future, but we are confident that by June 2021 we should be through this difficult time.
Please, stay safe.
If you have additional questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org